Armstrong Downwind Performance Front Foil Wing
Armstrong DW Performance Front Foil Wing
Superior glide for skilled paddlers in lighter conditions.
The first foils in our new Armstrong Performance Series, the Downwind Performance range was specifically developed to race in the SUP downwind division across Hawaii’s interisland channels. Already a proven Molokai2Oahu World Championship podium-finisher under the feet of team rider Oskar Johansson, the DW Performance range is tailored for expert level SUP downwind aficionados seeking next level freedom in open water.
Access Ultimate Speed
Project development began with collecting waveform and real-world riding data from Hawaii’s interisland channels to set specific design parameters.
Leading fluid dynamics (CFD) resources helped optimise a foil shape that had extreme top end glide with accessible low end flight speeds for race starts in milder conditions.
The result is remarkably stable at high velocities.
Maximum glide - Aspect ratio (AR) 13.0-13.55
Ultra-premium construction - Made from Toray intermediate and high modulus carbon fiber
Stable at speed - A thin section and subtle anhedral to dihedral shape becomes more pitch and roll stable at higher speeds without feeling locked in.
- Evolutive section profile - The foil section is slightly different at each station across the foil span for maximum efficiency.
The A+ System
The A+ System is our proprietary foil assembly design that joins the mast, fuselage, front foil and stabilizer together for a solid and smooth feeling on the water.
- Hexagonal carbon fiber fuselage with a titanium rod core has progressive flex qualities that balance stiffness with a uniquely smooth feel underfoot.
- Minimizes flex from the extreme torsional forces produced by high aspect foils.
- Premium 316 steel and titanium hardware eliminates corrosion and provides a naturally snug fit, no tef gel required.
- Polycarbonate Pro shims allow for half degree incremental changes to stabilizer pitch for incredibly easy tuning of the foil’s flight characteristics.
- Area: 685cm2
- Span: 960mm
- Aspect Ratio: 13.55
- Area: 755cm2
- Span: 1000mm
- Aspect Ratio: 13
- Area: 930cm2
- Span: 1100mm
- Aspect Ratio: 13
KITE PADDLE SURF WARRANTY/RETURN POLICY
We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary.
Its important to us that you're stoked about what you've purchased from Kite Paddle Surf. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase give us a call (
We are not able to take returns or exchanges on wetsuits that have been in the water so, please make sure it fits BEFORE you get in the water.
Click here for our full Return Policy.