Slingshot Asylum V5 Kiteboard
Slingshot Asylum V5 Kiteboard
Now built with our new Hot Sheet 10k Carbon Stringer, the Asylum returns for 2021 as the top choice for freestyle and core riders. Thanks to its unique blend of tip/tail channels and aggressive rocker, the Asylum smoothly yields both pop and grip like no other board we make.
A hard-charging freestyle favorite, the 2021 Asylum is a performance board loaded with cutting-edge design features for aggressive riders who like to go big, ride fully powered, and push the limits in the name of progression. For 2021, the Asylum's flex has been optimized with our new Hot Sheet 10k Carbon Stringer, which delivers massive pop and outstanding flex/rebound characteristics. Tip/Tail channels and chined rails offer all the drive you need for upwind performance, as well as insane tracking through all water conditions. How ever you choose to ride your Asylum (it's engineered to ride with or without fins), rest assured the Asylum is backed by Slingshot's Legendary construction and durability.
Why You'll Love The Asylum
Our board with the most pop and rebound
- One of the most durable twin tips ever made (thanks to the combo of its Dura-Light Base and Atomic Wood Core)
- Our highest performance freestyle board - the go-to for WKL, WKC, and Air Games World Champ, Carlos Mario
- Hot Sheet 10k Carbon Stringer: The stiffest carbon stringer in an board we make results in maximum rebound and pop for superior freestyle and big-air capabilities.
- Atomic Wood Core: Sustainably grown Paulownia gives the lively, springy character that Slingshot boards are famous for. Vertically laminated construction harness the collective strength of the wood's grain and provides strength, durability, and consistent flex over the life of the board.
- Carbon Bedrock Inserts: Light, flexible and durable inserts that maintain the board's flex underfoot for a consistent feel from tip to tail.
- Chined plane Rails: Designed to completely redirect spray away and down these belly channels reduce the are of contact between the board and the surface of the water. The chined rails also help prevent catching an edge on fast and sketchy landings.
- Slingshot Fusion Sidewall: We've transferred the same technology found in high durometer urethane skateboard wheels into the rail of all our boards. Our innovative manufacturing process literally infuses the rail into the board cores in one single shot, producing unrivaled dampening and durability.
- Precision Lazer Cut Channels: By utilizing the latest in laser-cutting technology, all of our boards feature the cleanest, most precise construction. What this laser tech means to you as a rider is these boards have consistently cleaner takeoffs, smoother landings, better response, tons of grip, load-and-pop, and upwind drive.
- Dura-Light Base: This .2mm base material is the ideal strength to weight ratio. Lightweight performance in a strong and durable package.
- Continuous Rocker: Smooth, consistent curve provides a fast ride, predictable pop, great carving performance, and disperses water to soften landings.
All of our twin tips are made with Sustainably Sources Wood. Our wood providers are Forest Stewardship Council approved ensuring that products come from responsibly managed forests that provide environmental, social, and economic benefits. These standards expand protection of water quality, prohibit harvest of rare old-growth forest, prevent loss of natural forest cover, and prohibit the use of highly hazardous chemicals. This approval also protects the customary right of indigenous people, ensuring their voices are part of the certification process and impacts of forest operations are addressed.
2021 Slingshot Asylum V5 Kiteboard - At a Glance
KITE PADDLE SURF WARRANTY/RETURN POLICY
We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary.
Its important to us that you're stoked about what you've purchased from Kite Paddle Surf. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase give us a call (
We are not able to take returns or exchanges on wetsuits that have been in the water so, please make sure it fits BEFORE you get in the water.
Click here for our full Return Policy.