Ozone Subzero V1 Ultralight Foil Snow Kite
Ozone Subzero V1 Foil Snow Kite - Freeride Kite
The Subzero V1 is also available in an ultralight version. This is the same design produced with high-quality lightweight materials and without the blow-out valves to reduce weight and packing volume to a minimum ideal for traveling and expeditions. The Ultralight version is 25% lighter and packs down to around half the size.
The Ultralight offers true performance increases and enhanced flying characteristics. It inflates quicker, launches in lighter winds, flies faster, stays in the air longer in gusty conditions, and is more reactive even in the lightest breeze.
It is the kite of choice for those who want to explore - it might be mountains you have to skin up before kiting the ridges or a vast wilderness you are attempting to cross, so you want as little weight as possible for those days you have to walk.
The technical backpack is the same design as the standard version using lighter materials. To reduce weight and packing volume even further we have use unsheathed spliced and stitched Edelrid bridle line - this line is not just lighter and thinner, it also reduces parasitic drag resulting in faster flying and tighter turns.
The kite must be carefully looked after, it needs an experienced rider who knows how to keep the kite up in the air and how to handle it gently on the ground. The Ultralight kites will be produced on request only, please contact your local dealer/distributor and order early to plan for production and delivery time.
The Subzero V1 Ultralight is available as a Kite Only option or kite complete with the contact-snow control system and lightweight Technical Mountian Backpack. We recommend adding the snowkite Kompressor bag to either option to keep your kite packed and secured as small as possible.
Revolutionary Internal Re-Ride Release System
The Internal Re-Ride System is the result of two years of research and development by our design team and pro riders, with the aim to create the safest system on the market. The goal was to have a release system that once activated the kite can easily be re-launched without having to untangle or clear any lines. Our unique Re-Ride Release System stalls the kite with an internal line - the kite de-powers instantly without tangling and will sit on the ground ready to -re-launch when you're ready again.
Another advantage of our Internal Re-Ride System is the land and secure option. The Secure Loop can be found in the 5th line approx 2m up from the control bar. To land the Kite simply pull the 5th line through the chicken loop until you reach the Secure Loop. The kite will stall and fall to the ground without any pull. Use the Secure loop in the 5th line to keep the kite on the ground - it can either be hooked onto a carabineer on your harness or over the bar horn. This makes landing and packing your kite safe and easy even in high winds.
We thoroughly enjoyed developed and testing the Internal Re-Ride Release System. It has made mountain climbing and packing so much more enjoyable, safe, easy and quick for the user.
The Internal Re-Ride Release System cannot be upgraded to older kites as it includes lines that are running inside your kite.
For reverse launch and light wind landing, we have kept the Brake Stall Handle between the back leader lines.
- Designed With OZ-CAD - The FUTURE is NOW - All Ozone kites are designed and developed using our own highly advanced custom-built CAD software. Our designers are able to work with features specifically tailored to the unique forms and structures of technical Inflatable and foil kites. Part of our design team is dedicated to the upgrade of the CAD code and addition of new modules and features to the program as the development of our kites continues.
- Internal Re-Ride Release System - Our unique Internal Re-Ride Release System is the market leading Snowkite release and landing system. It has made mountain climbing and packing so much more enjoyable, safe, easy and quick for the user. When activated the kite de-powers instantly without tangling, and will sit on the ground ready to re-launch when you’re ready again.
- Double Pulley Speed System - Using high spec low friction Ronstan Orbit pulleys to reduce wear and rider fatigue while improve feeling and performance of the kite.
- Low Drag Bridle Lines - To reduce weight and packing volume even further on the Ultra Light version kites, we use unsheathed spliced and stitched Edelrid line. This line is not only lighter and thinner, it also reduces parasitic drag resulting in faster flying and tighter turns.
- Dirt-Out Wing Tips - The Velcro sealed cells at the tips can be opened for cleaning the kite. Always clean your kite by emptying any snow or debris as this will prolong the life of the kite and help it fly as designed.
- Fool Proof Line Connectors - Foolproof numbered line connectors prevent incorrect rigging of the flying lines to the kite.
- Exceptional Ozone Factory Construction - World class construction in our own factory, using the highest quality materials and hand checked Quality Control at every stop. The Ozone factory also manufactures our Paragliding and Speed Wing range; the same Quality Control processes are used across all products.
- Exceptional Ozone Factory Construction: World-class construction in our own factory, using the highest quality materials and hand checked quality control at every step. The Ozone factory also manufactures our Paragliding and Speed Wing range; the same Quality Control processes are used across all products.
- High-Performance Ultra Light Materials: High-quality Ultralight material reduces weight and packing volume to a minimum. the weight saving also drastically improves flying characteristics - the kite will launch in lighter winds, turn quicker and stay in the air longer in gusty conditions. As it is about 25% lighter than our standers kites it is also less resistant to harsh abuse. It needs an experienced pilot who knows how to keep the kite up in the air and how to handle it gently on the ground.
- L.E Opening Battens - Flexible lightweight plastic battens are precisely positioned at each Leading Edge cell opening. The battens enhance the structure of the openings. This means quicker and easier inflation.
- Internal Diagonals and Straps - Internal spin-wise straps work in unison with optimized diagonal ribs, distribution load from the bridles evenly and effectively. This increases the internal structural balance that helps control the kites top and bottom surface to maintain the design shape and profile without being distorted from indirect tension or loads.
- Tuned Bridle Geometry - We work extensively during our R&D process to develop the size range to feel in tune with each other. Every kite has a unique bridle layout, individually tested and fine-tunes to maximize the feeling and performance.
Alessandro De Rocco
Web Marketing Coordinator
Ozone Subzero Ultralight V1 - At A Glance
Whether you are trying to get off piste or go take on some freeride maneuvers the Ozone Subzero makes snow kiting a breeze. With its ability to easily launch and relaunch you will never have a problem packing your kite at the top of a peak or at the end of your session. The Subzero is easy to fly with a very direct feel, this is hands down my favorite Snow Kite on the market. Check out our Snow Kite collection for similar Kites.
KITE PADDLE SURF WARRANTY/RETURN POLICY
We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary.
Its important to us that you're stoked about what you've purchased from Kite Paddle Surf. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase give us a call (
We are not able to take returns or exchanges on wetsuits that have been in the water so, please make sure it fits BEFORE you get in the water.
Click here for our full Return Policy.