Ozone R1 V4 Foil Kiteboarding Kite
Ozone R1 V4 Foil Kiteboarding Kite
The R1 V4 has been derived from the extremely successful R1 V2 and V3, both of which set the benchmark in kite racing competitions.
The V4 design takes it to the next level, delivering supercharged Performace while maintaining the R1s well-known ease of use and accessibility.
Developed closely without top team riders, multiple World Champion Nico Parlier, and 2019 World Champion Axel Mazella we have pulled out all the stops.
The new re-designed internal structure has allowed us to increase cell count up to 8% while reducing bridle line up to 12%, accounting for major parasitic drag reduction.
The leading edge now features Double Transversal Shaping creating a cleaner surface on the most important area of the aerofoil. The result is less turbulent airflow and longer skin adhesion, which positively affects the lift to frag ratio increasing overall performance.
The top and bottom surfaces use our time-proven Ultra-light materials, with an even lighter weight material for the internal structure on the 15m to 21m sizes keeping weight down and improving light wind flying characteristics.
The leading Edge air intakes have been refined for faster progressive inflation, improved seal, and optimizes positioning to maintain internal air pressure. This enhances land and water re-launch capabilities.
The all-new R1 V4 Pro-Tune Speed System is lightweight and low drag using reduced line diameters and features incredibly simple adjustment via the streamline self-locking Splice Trim System.
What do these design changes mean? More speed, more power, better upwind and downwind angles in a package that is as easy to use as its predecessors!
All R1 V4 sizes are IKA registered.
- Exceptional Ozone Factory Construction: World-class construction in our won factory, using the highest quality materials and hand checked Quality Control at every step. The Ozone factory also manufactures our Paragliding and Speed Wing range; the same Quality Control Processes are used across all products.
- High-Performance Ultra Light Materials: The R1 V3 materials have been used extensively on our Ultra Light Kites and Paragliders for the past six years. Using Ultra Light materials translates to true performance increases - the kite inflates quicker, flies faster, and is more reactive even in the slightest breeze.
- High Cell Count: A high number of cells controls ballooning between the ribs, holding the wing shape and designed surfaces smoother and more accurately. This reduces turbulent airflow, providing more efficiency, speed, and de-power for increased overall performance.
- L.E. Profile Reinforcements: The Leading Edge is reinforced with flexible lightweight plastic battens to maintain the shape of the profile during the angle of attack changes and turbulent airflow. This drastically improves overall performance as the foil remains true to the designed shape.
- High-Performance Bridle Lines: High-performance Kevlar bridle lines are a key component to the R1's outstanding performance. Kevlar is tough, strong and has unbeaten stretch and shrinkage characteristics keeping your kite at the highest performance trim.
- Water Drainage Channels: An internal channel is shaped into the end of each cell along the trailing edge. This allows loose sand or water to run between the cells and our of the tips during flight. The velcro sealed cells at the tips can be opened for cleaning the kite. Always clean your kite by emptying any water, sand, or dirt as this will prolong the life of the kite and help it fly as designed.
- Closed Cell Kite Technical Bag: Technical Bag with loads of space featuring an internal stash pocket and external control system pocket. Adjustable shoulder straps and foam padding provide extra comfort.
- Designed With OZ-CAD: The Future is now - All Ozone Kites and wings are designed and developed using our own highly advanced custom built CAG software. Our designers are able to work with features specifically tailored to the unique forms and structures of technical Inflatable and foil kites and wings. Part of our design team is dedicated to the upgrade of the CAD code and the addition of new modules and features to the program as the development of our products continues.
- Double Transversal Shaping: The Leading Edge now features Double Transversal Shaping creating a cleaner surface on the most important are of the areafoil. The result is less turbulent airflow and longer skin adhesion,. which positively affects the lift to drag ration increasing overall performance.
- Optimized Leading Edge Air Intakes: The leading edge air intakes have been refined for faster progressive inflation, improved seal and optimized positioning to maintain internal air pressure. This enhances land and water re-launch capabilities.
- Internal Diagonals and Straps: Internal span-swiss straps work in unison with optimized diagonal ribs, distributing load from the bridles evenly and effectively. This increases the internal structural balance while allowing the top and bottom surface to maintain the designed profile without being distorted from indirect tension or loads.
- Pro-Tune Speed System: The all-new R1 V4 Pro-Tune Speed System is lightweight and low drag using reduced line diameters and features incredibly simple adjustment via streamline self-locking Splice Trim System. Durable line materials reduce wear and tear on the pulley lines, with increased resistance to stretch or shrinkage of a longer life span. The Speed system is a Double-Pulley layout using high spec low friction Ronstan Orbit pulleys. NOTE: You must watch the How To video before adjusting your Speed System settings.
Waterproof Deflation Zipper: Intelligently positioned for easy deflation and pack down.
- Closed Cell Kite Compressor Bag(Optional): For a secure packaging process to maintain the plastic pattern profile shape. Lightweight materials, Internal compression straps, and a breathable mesh lining keep weight and packing size to a minimum - perfect when traveling with multiple kites inside one bag.
The R1 V4 is for advanced riders only who have previous foil kite experience. It is not difficult to fly but there are techniques required to fly a high aspect ratio foil kite.
- The R1 V4 materials have been used extensively in our Ultra Light Kites and Paragliders since 2011. The Kite must be carefully looked after, it needs an experienced rider who knows how to keep the kite up int the air and how to handle it gently on the ground.
- The Kite is water re-launchable, but we recommend that you keep it flying and out of the water if possible! A drainage system on the wing tip allows any water that may have entered the kite to drain out. Do not use the kite in waves.
- Always use a Brake Handle when flying a foil kite. This is the handle/line spanned between the back leader lines on the control system. This easy to grab handle makes inflation, self-landing, and reverse launch easier.
- The Kite features a simple yet effective front line flag out release. After releasing the flag out you should check the speed system, bridle lines, and your flying lines for twists before restart.
- The R1 V4 must be packed using the concertina method. If the kite is packed and stored using any other method such as rolling this will void the warranty. The Leading Edge plastic battens are a fundamental part of the design and must not be forced out of their given shape otherwise the kite can lose stability and flying characteristics. See R1 V4 How to pack video.
- The Speed System and Bridle lines will require maintenance just like any high-performance equipment in racing sports. - they must be checked after every 60 hours flying time and maintained in the correct trim or the kite will not perform as designed. Bridle lines that are worn must be replaced. Speed System lines that are worn must be replaced. If the Speed System lines are not worn but are not to factory specifications you must adjust back to factory specifications.
KITE PADDLE SURF WARRANTY/RETURN POLICY
We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary.
Its important to us that you're stoked about what you've purchased from Kite Paddle Surf. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase give us a call (
We are not able to take returns or exchanges on wetsuits that have been in the water so, please make sure it fits BEFORE you get in the water.
Click here for our full Return Policy.