Ozone R1 V3 Kiteboarding Foil Kite - -
Ozone R1 V3 Kiteboarding Foil Kite
Call for specific Colors and Sizes, If we don't have currently we can order direct from factory!
Our understanding of true race performance is not only raw power and speed - It is the combination of every aspect of A kites characteristics, and most importantly how easy it is to access its full potential.
The R1 V3 design is derived from the incredibly successful R1 V2. The race-winning performance of the R1 V2 is very easy to tap into, which made it the benchmark kite in the racing scene. We have refined the design for the V3, taking it to the next level without compromising accessibility to the R1s supercharged performance.
A re-designed internal structure increases strength and support without additional weight. Re-calculated bridal line diameters reduce overall line drag by 14%. By utilizing the ultra-high-performance V2 design and combining these performance enhancements we have found an overall increase in performance giving the hard-core racer:
Important Note: The R1 V3 is for advanced riders only who have previous foil kite experience. It is not difficult to fly but there are techniques required to fly a high aspect ratio foil kite.
- Exceptional Ozone Factory Construction: World-class construction in our own factory, using the highest quality materials and hand checked Quality Control at every step. The Ozone factory also manufactures our Paragliding and Speed Wing range; the same quality control processes are used across all products.
- High-Performance Ultra Light Materials: The R1 V3 materials have been used extensively on our Ultra Light materials translates to true performance increases kite inflation and speed in low winds.
- L.E. Profile Reinforcements: The Leading Edge is reinforced with flexible lightweight plastic battens to maintain the shape of the profile during angle of attack changes and turbulent airflow. This drastically improves overall performance as the foil remains true to the designed shape.
- High-Performance Bridle Lines: High-performance Kevlar bridle lines are a key component to the R1’s outstanding performance. Kevlar has unbeaten stretch and shrinkage characteristics keeping your kite at the highest performance trim.
- Water Drainage Channels: An internal channel is shaped into the end of each cell along the trailing edge. This allows loose sand or water to run between the cells and out of the tips during flight. The Velcro sealed cells at the tips can be opened for cleaning the kite. Always clean your kite by emptying any water, sand or dirt as this will prolong the life of the kite and help it fly as designed.
- Tuned Bridle Geometry: We work extensively during our R&D process to develop the size range to feel in tune with each other. Every kite has a unique bridle layout, individually tested and fine-tuned to maximize the feeling and performance.
- Optimized Leading Edge Air Intake: Precisely positioned intake valves along the Leading Edge lead to a stability increase at all angles of attack. The inflation is easy and safe as the kite rapidly inflates.
- Designed With OZ-CAD: The FUTURE is NOW - All Ozone kites and wings are designed and developed using our own highly advanced custom built CAD software. Our designers are able to work with features specifically tailored to the unique forms and structures of technical Inflatable and foil kites and wings. Part of our design team is dedicated to the upgrade of the CAD code and the addition of new modules and features to the program as the development of our products continues.
- High Cell Count: A high number of cells controls ballooning between the ribs, holding the wing shape and designed surfaces smoother and more accurately. This reduces turbulent airflow, providing more efficiency, speed and de-power for increased overall performance.
Internal Diagonals and Straps: Internal span-wise strap works in unison with optimized diagonal ribs, distribution load from the bridles evenly and effectively. This increases the internal structural balance that helps control the high aspect ratio while allowing the top and bottom surfaces to maintain the designed profile without being destroyed from indirect tension or loads.
- Pro-Tune Speed System: The Pro Tune Speed System offers minute adjustment to keep the kite performing at its best in the correct trim. Durable line materials reduce wear and tear on the pulley lines, with increased resistance to stretch or shrinkage for a longer life span. The speed system is a double-pulley layout using high spec low friction Ronstan Orbit pulleys. Note: you must watch hoe to video before adjusting your speed System settings.
- Waterproof Deflation Zipper: Intelligently positioned for easy deflation and pack down.
- Fool-Proof line connectors: Fool Proof line connectors prevent incorrect rigging of the flying lines to the kite.
- Two storage bag options: Two storage bag options - the backpack and closed-cell compressor bag. Choose the backpack for a quick and easy pack down. Choose the closed-cell compressor bag for a secure packing process to maintain the plastic batter profile shape. The compressor bag is also lighter with internal compression strap keeping packing size and weight to a minimum. Watch the video on our website for more information explaining the difference and how to use each bag.
Ozone R1 V3 Racing Foil Kiteboarding Kite - At a Glance
This Kite is Truly the highest performing foil kite we carrie. If you are looking for the fastest most stable kite with an insane direct feel look no further. The Ozone R1 V3 will leave you in Awe and possible take you to the edge of the earth. If you have any questions about this Kite give us a call as they are special order.
KITE PADDLE SURF WARRANTY/RETURN POLICY
We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary.
Its important to us that you're stoked about what you've purchased from Kite Paddle Surf. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase give us a call (
We are not able to take returns or exchanges on wetsuits that have been in the water so, please make sure it fits BEFORE you get in the water.
Click here for our full Return Policy.