Ozone Alpha V2 Kiteboarding Kite
Ozone Alpha V2 Kiteboarding Kite
The Alpha is our performance single strut inflatable kite. It's simple, incredibly lightweight, and very effective - it is a winner for any quiver.
The second version offers an amazing free ride and hydro-foiling performance for intermediate to advanced riders while the lightweight single strut design is perfect for travelers looking to save on excess weight and packing volume.
The Alpha V2 features our new Continuous Curve Leading Edge construction, each segment is now curved to form a perfectly smooth arc from tip to tip as opposed to straight segments with angled joints. Transverse Sail Shaping has been incorporated to perfectly match a new Continuous Curve Leading Edge. These latest design features reduce parasitic drag and create a cleaner surface at the most important area of the airfoil. The result is less turbulent airflow, which positively affects the lift to drag ratio increasing overall performance.
The Alpha V2 also features our new rip-stop material combination. The new rip-stop canopy material has an advanced ultra flex coating improving feedback in gustier conditions making for a smoother ride. The new technical rip-stop dacron is super tough, used on the Leading Edge and Struts it improves strength, durability, and longevity.
An all-new Fast Flow One-Pump inflation System makes set up and packing quick and easy. It features single point inflation/deflation and a high airflow rate between the Struts and Leading Edge, with clips to seal the hoses to prevent unwanted airflow in case of damage.
Variable Bridle Geometry -quick and easy to change with no extra lines to add or remove. These bridle settings extend the kites operating range, bringing another level of versatility to this outstanding design.
Freeride -The ideal balance in performance and feeling for all-round free riding, foiling, and wave riding in most conditions. The Freeride setting is the upper knot on the VBG Pigtails (factory setting).
Freestyle/Onshore -The kite sits a little further back in the wind window with increased bar pressure and feedback. If you unhook or prefer a slightly heavier bar feeling this could be the setting for you. It is also favorable for onshore wave riding conditions. The Freestyle/Onshore setting is the lower knot on the VBG Pigtails.
Grab a twin tip and go cruising or jumping, you will be surprised at the jumping and looping capabilities of the Alpha; it has smooth lift and hang-time with precise feedback.
The lightweight design translates to incredible low-end performance making the Alpha V2 a very competitive choice for light wind freeriding and foiling. The power to de-power stroke is progressive and dynamic enough to provide smooth lift for transitions and jibes with a foil board. For high wind foiling in chop or waves, take a small size with shorter lines for loads of fun drifting the kite while carving swells across the wind.
In the surf, the Alpha is perfect for drift-style wave riding as it floats with you. The handling is direct and responsive which allows you to put the kite where you need it. The Alpha is not as dedicated to wave as the Reo, but it still delivers solid performance in cross-shore to on-shore conditions.
Water re-launch is easy, by simply turning the bar or using the re-launch balls on the leader lines, the kite will roll over into the re-launch position.
Going traveling? Take the Alpha with you, it's incredibly lightweight, packs small, and can do anything you want to do on any given day...
The Alpha V2 comes standard with an ultra-lightweight compressor bag, perfect for traveling and day-to-day protection for your kite. It's easy to use and compresses a kite to a minimal size. Combine with the Technical Bag to fit multiple kites inside one carry bag.
- Exceptional Ozone Factory Construction:World-class construction in our own factory, using the highest quality materials and hand-checked Quality Control at every step. The Ozone factory also manufactures our Paragliding and Speed Wing range; the same Quality Control processes are used across all products.
- 4-line Pulley-less System: No pulleys, No problems. We design all our inflatable kites without pulleys, to inherit the unique Ozone feeling and performance across our range.
- Variable Bridle Geometry: Quick and easy to change with no extra lines to add or remove. These bridle settings extend the kites operating range, bringing another level of versatility to this outstanding design.
Internal Reinforcements: What's on the inside counts too - internal reinforcements for improves strength and durability; such as a Double layered Dacron + Insignia taped Leading Edge closing seam with high strength threads.
- Load Distribution Panels: Dacron reinforcements are used on all loaded areas for enhanced load distribution. This means all loads are spread evenly into the sail ensuring the kite flies and performs at its best.
- Reinforced Leading Edge and Struts: The leading Edge and Struts are reinforced in high-stress areas to ensure the kite canopy remains in shape and performs at its best.
- Low profile aerodynamic Scuff Pads: Leading Edge bumpers are often large and unnecessary cosmetic items. At Ozone, we build our kites and wings for performance and durability using the best materials & components available. In any areas requiring scuff protection, we use a lightweight durable material with superior abrasion resistance, while keeping a low profile in order to reduce drag and maintain performance.
- Anti-Snag Line Deflectors: The Anti-Snag line deflector prevent bridles and lines from tangling around the wingtip. Safety is increased when launching with a partner and water re-launch is made easier.
- Fool proof line connectors: Fool proof line connectors prevent incorrect rigging of the flying lines to the kite.
- Designed WIth OZ-CAD: The FUTURE is NOW - All Ozone kites and wings are designed and developed using our own highly advanced custom built CAD software. Our designers are able to work with features specifically tailored to the unique forms and structures of technical Inflatable and foil kites and wings. Part of our design team is dedicated to the upgrade of the CAD code and the addition of new modules and features to the program as the development of our products continues.
Continuous Curve Leading Edge and Transverse Sail Shaping: Each leading Edge segment is curved to form a perfectly smooth arc from tip to tip as opposed to straight segments with angles joining. Transverse Sail Shaping perfectly matches the Continuous Curve Leading Edge. These latest design features reduce parasitic drag and create a cleaner surface at the most important area of the airfoil. The result is less turbulent airflow, which positively affects the lift to drag ratio increasing overall performance.
- Fast Flow One-Pump Inflation System: The Fast Flow One-Pump inflation system makes setup and packing quick and easy. It features single-point inflation. deflation and high airflow rate between the Struts and Leading Edge, with clips to seal the hoses to prevent unwanted airflow in case of damage.
- Double Stitched Folded Seams: Sail canopy seams are stitched, folded, and then stitched again for a clean and strong connection for the panels.
- Direct Connect Struts: Our Direct Connect construction method improves load distribution between the Leading Edge, Struts, and Canopy. Struts are connected directly to the Leading Edge with internal and external reinforcements. The unique construction method ensures clean profiles are maintained with the optimum canopy tension.
- Reinforces Trailing Edge: Double layer Trailing Edge strip with an internal light weight Dyneema reinforcement - this reduces canopy wear and helps to maintain optimum Trailing Edge tension as designed. The Dyneema line also reduces any potential stretch at the Trailing Edge.
- Unique bladder construction: Our bladders are constructed in-house with advanced custom built welding machines. Double layered sections are applied to any potential wear areas.
- Tuned Bridle Geometry: We work extensively during our R&D process to develop the size range to feel in tune with each other. Every kite has a unique bridle layout, individually tested and fine-tuned to maximize the feeling and performance.
Ozone Alpha V2 Kiteboarding Kite - At a Glance
The Ozone Alpha V2 is the best single strut kite we sell. The kite is amazing for foiling but if you can still jump big on a twin tip. Smooth pull for wave riding. The kite is supremely easy and intuitive to fly. The kite is lighter than some zero strut kites.
KITE PADDLE SURF WARRANTY/RETURN POLICY
We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary.
Its important to us that you're stoked about what you've purchased from Kite Paddle Surf. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase give us a call (
We are not able to take returns or exchanges on wetsuits that have been in the water so, please make sure it fits BEFORE you get in the water.
Click here for our full Return Policy.