2021 Slingshot RPX V1 Kiteboarding Kite
2021 Slingshot RPX V1 Kiteboarding Kite
Fueled by insights from the world's most demanding kiteboarders in all disciplines, we developed the all-new RPX based on learning from our premier high-performance freeride kite, the Legendary RPM.
Exceptional Response & Return
A completely redesigned Trailing-Edge shape has been implemented on the RPX. Reshaping the trailing edge has allowed us to eliminate areas of turbulence, drag, and flutter. This has ushered in next level response out of the kite; meaning a better return to the top of the window during looping, tighter turning radius' for surfing, and lightning fast reaction speed.
Clean By Design
The RPX is loaded with new technology that includes a new streamlined premium Fly Line System. This new system boasts a diameter of a mere 1.6mm which is a 25% reduction from the previous version. It's stronger, lighter, and allows the kite to move through the air with less drag.
The canopy of the RPX has been designed to meet the needs of the modern kiteboarder. This new and highly refined canopy profile features a reduction of 88 panels from its predecessor; the RPM. The result is a one-two punch of weight reduction and cleaner airflow.
Open Up Possibilities
The RPX has been built upon a longstanding Slingshot Invention, the "Open C Canopy". Often overlooked and misunderstood, the "Open C Canopy" is the magic of the RPX and its predecessor the RPM. This flatter arc offers an extensive range, depower, and upwind ability while also providing accurate handling and energetic response. This harmonious blend of performance and comfort enables you to progress and perform no matter who you are.
The RPX is the culmination of our incredible journey with a wide array of athletes, designers, and inventors to create the next evolution of versatility in a kite.
Why You'll Love The RPX V1
- The RPX is one of the best all-around kites on the market today. It delivers hero level performance in every category of kiteboarding.
- Faster, lighter and more technically advanced than its predecessor; The RPX is the next evolution of a freeride kite.
- The RPX boasts top of the line performance and Handling as well as extensive range, depower, and upwind ability. The RPX is designed to take you to your next kiteboarding milestone, no matter what that is.
- New Redesigned Trailing Edge: A completely redesigned edge has allowed us to eliminate areas of turbulence, drag, and flutter. This has ushered in the next level response our of the kite as well as better return to the top of the window during kite loops and megaloops.
New Clean Canopy: We reduced paneling from 108 individual panels to 20. This reduces the kite's overall weight while also providing a more aerodynamic canopy profile.
- New Streamlines Flyline Bridle System: The Flyline bridle is an invention found we used on the RPM, we wanted to push the possibilities of that bridle even further. By using more premium materials we were able to reduce the bridle line thickness by 25%. Riders will instantly feel less drag through the air due to this new streamlined bridle.
- New One Pump Speed System: The patented Slingshot invention now used industry-wide has gotten an upgraded. We have increased our One Pump tube diameters for cleaner airflow for easier inflation as well as repositioned the tubed to be more streamlined and durable.
- Open C Canopy: This flatter C shaped arc offers an extensive range, depower, and upwind ability while also providing accurate handling and energetic response. This harmonious blend of performance and comfort enables you to progress and performance no matter who you are.
- 4x4 Canopy Tech: The RPX is built with Teijin 4x4 reinforced ripstop material. This is the strongest, stiffest, and most durable canopy material on the market. Your kite will last longer, have a higher resale value, and feel more solid and stable in the air, especially in gusty winds.
Split Strut: A Slingshot invention that has been borrowed industry-wide, Split Strut integrated the kite canopy and struts into one firmly interconnected piece rather than the canopy being sewn over the strut like lesser designs. Split Strut created a stronger, more stable, and more durable canopy enhances power under heavy load, and created efficiency and rigidity in the overall frame.
- Multiple Attachment Points: Different attachment points integrated into the kite allow you to fine-tune handling, power, and performance-based on your riding style and the conditions of a particular session. Even small changes to these settings can make a big impact on the kite's overall performance, making this an important tool for getting the most out of your kite every time you ride.
2021 Slingshot RPX V1 Kiteboarding Kite - At a Glance
KITE PADDLE SURF WARRANTY/RETURN POLICY
We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary.
Its important to us that you're stoked about what you've purchased from Kite Paddle Surf. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase give us a call (
We are not able to take returns or exchanges on wetsuits that have been in the water so, please make sure it fits BEFORE you get in the water.
Click here for our full Return Policy.