2020 Ozone WASP V1 Wing Foil Wing
Wing assisted Surf/Snow/Slate Propulsion
CALL FOR AVAILABILITY - USUALLY MADE WHEN ORDERED
The WASP has been a fantastic product to design and test, it is a fresh and exciting way of being driven by the elements! The design team has been learning new skills both on and off the water to bring you a wing worthy of the Ozone Pedigree.
The WASP is a Kite Wing that crosses easily from water, land or snow. It offers easy power for anything that rolls, slides, planes or glides. Use it with you Skateboard, Mountain Board, Skis, Snowboard, SUP, Windsurf or Foil board. The Wing is simple, quick and a whole load of fun!
We concentrated on making the WASP easy to fly and handle. The large size leading Edge creates stability and reduces flex, it also helps develop power at low speeds to get you moving sooner. The enlarged strut provides a direct angle of attack control, as flex is minimal offering a solid and controlled feeling.
We kept the aspect ratio low to have a wing that has grunt and to keep the tips from catching the water. The wingtips have a layer of scuff protection for riding on snow or land, although it is best to keep the wing off the ground!
Multiple Power Handles on the Leading Edge and Strut have been positioned to ver many options, providing maximum control and comfort while riding. The streamline De-Power Handle at the front of the leading Edge completely de-powers the wing for total control when carving downwind in swell or when carrying the wing.
On the water, the WASP has been developed riding SUP, Windsurf and Foil boards. The simple nature of the wing makes it suitable for riding any board that has enough column to support your weight on the water. In strong wind conditions and with developed skills it is also possible to ride with smaller volume hydrofoil boards.
On the land or snow, minimal wind is required to harness the natural energy to enjoy a different feeling of propulsion.
- Exceptional Ozone Factory Construction - World-class construction in our own factory, using the highest quality materials and hand checked Quality Control at every step. The Ozone factory also manufactures our Paragliding and Speed Wing range; the same Quality Control processes are used across all products.
- Designed with OZ-CAD - The FUTURE is NOW - All Ozone kites and wings are designed and developed using our own highly advanced custom built CAD software. Our designers are able to work with features specifically tailored to the unique forms and structures of technical inflatable and foil kites and wings. Part of our design team is dedicated to the upgrade of the CAD code and the addition of new modules and features to the program as the development of our products continues.
- Teijin TechnoForce D2 & Teijin Dacron - Teijin is the world's leading supplier of polyester fabrics and sail materials for marine sports. We use the remarkably durable Teijin D2 canopy material in all our water kites and wings. Teijin D2 is the benchmark in quality with proven superiority in durability and dynamics. We use the incredibly strong and reliable Teijin Dacron in all over water kites and wings. Dacron is used on parts requiring rigidity and stability - the Leading Edge, Struts, Wingtips, and all loaded areas with extra reinforcement for enhanced load distribution and durability.
- Internal Reinforcements - What's on the inside counts too - internal reinforcements for improves strength and durability; such as a Double layered Dacron + Insignia taped Leading Edge closing seam with high strength threads.
- Double Stitched Folded Seams - Sail canopy seams are stitched, folded, and then stitched again for a clean and strong connection of the panels.
- Direct Connect Strut - One Direct Connect construction method improves load distribution between the Leading Edge, Strut and Canopy. This construction method ensures clean profiles are maintained with the optimum canopy tension. The Strut is connected directly to the leading edge with internal and external reinforcements.
- Reinforced Trailing Edge - Double layer Teijin D2 Trailing Edge strip with an internal light weight Dyneema reinforcement - this reduces canopy wear and helps to maintain optimum Trailing Edge tension as designed. The Dyneema line also reduces any potential stretch at the Trailing Edge.
- Low profile aerodynamic Scuff Pads - Leading Edge bumpers are often large and unnecessary cosmetic items. At Ozone we build our kites and wings for performance and durability using the best materials & components available. Any areas requiring scuff protection we use a lightweight durable material with superior abrasion resistance, while keeping a low profile in order to reduce drag and maintain performance.
- Unique bladder construction - Our bladders are constructed in-house with advanced custom built welding machines. Double layered section are applies to any potential wear areas.
- High volume inflate/deflate valve - A high volume valve makes inflation and deflation quick and easy. Pumping is a breeze thanks to the high airflow rate, while the internal seal engages to stop any air coming out under pressure. Unscrew the bottom of the valve to deflate and the top to inflate.
- One-Pump Inflation System - The One Pump inflation system enables quick and easy setup with single point inflation of the wing. Note: there is no closure clip on the one pump hose as the wing should be packed in case of Leading Edge or Strut deflation
- Power Handles- Multiple Power Handles on the Leading Edge and Strut have been positioned to cover many options, providing maximum control and comfort while riding.
- De-power Handle - The streamline De-Power Handle at the front of the leading Edge completely de-powers the wing for total control when carving downwind in swell or when carrying the wing.
- Wrist Leash - The comfortable wrist leash attaches to you and the Leading Edge of the wing. If you become overpowered or lose control, let go og the wing and it will de-power on the wrist leash line.
- Wasp Bag - Lightweight with loads of space, internal stash pocket and external pump holder.
- Using this custom color chooser, you can design your own personal color combination of your kite.
- Move the mouse over the color boxes to preview the color of each section of the wing. Click on the color to choose it.
- When you are done you can send your design to a friend, or your country's distributor/dealer to place your order and to check if there is a charge.
- Please note that because this is a custom kite and will be built specifically for you, your payment must be received before production of your wing can begin.
2020 Ozone Wasp V1 Wing Foil - At a Glance
The V1 WASP from Ozone is a top level Wing from the amazing Ozone Brand. Built with incredible quality and fore thought. The Wing is one of the lightest on the market. The design features comfortable handles that allow easy positioning and control. The only complaint is that it is slow to deflate.
KITE PADDLE SURF WARRANTY/RETURN POLICY
We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary.
Its important to us that you're stoked about what you've purchased from Kite Paddle Surf. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase give us a call (
We are not able to take returns or exchanges on wetsuits that have been in the water so, please make sure it fits BEFORE you get in the water.
Click here for our full Return Policy.