2018 Slingshot Z Kiteboarding Kite
2018 Slingshot Z Kiteboarding Kite
The Z has been an instructor and kite-school favorite for years due to its user-friendly behavior, stability in even the worst wind conditions., amazing depower and ridiculously easy relaunch.
The Magic of the Z comes in its low-aspect Spherical-C profile and pointed Axis Wingtips. This stubby shape, combined with a four-point cascading bridle setup, results in an extremely stable and well-behaved kite. It's a kite with no bad habits," says Slingshot CEO Jeff Logosz. And don't let the description fool you the Z is great for beginners, but it is not a "beginner kite". The Z boost big, unhooks well, loops with ease and has grown a reputation among experienced riders as a super-fun all-around freeride kite.
- Z Bridle: The Z features a four-point pulleyless bridle system. This gives the kite its impressive range, depower and ease of relaunch and provides stability and structure to the canopy during high winds and gusty conditions.
- One Pump: Slingshot patented the One-Pump system years ago, and today the innovation can be found on almost every kite on the market. The One pump Speed System makes inflating your kite quick and easy; simply attach your hose and pump you entire kite from one convenient valve. Deflating is just as easy. This might not seem like a big deal, but if you've ever had to inflate and deflate your leading edge and ll your struts individually, you know how nice it really is.
- Spherical-C profile: The Z kite has been a kite-school favorite for years due to its well-mannered behavior, great depower and amazing relaunch. The secret recipe for this user-friendly characteristic is its stubby Spherical-C shape, pointed Axis wingtip and four-point bridle system.
- The easiest relaunch of any kite around
- Stable, predictable and smooth even in rough conditions
- Great Kite for entry-level progression
- Turns fast, boosts big
- Kite of choice for instructors and schools around the world
How to pack your kite after a session:
- Roll it as soon as you're done using it. Don't let it flap in the wind and soak up the sun while you drink beers on the beach. The less time your kite spends exposed to the elements, the longer it will last.
- If your kite is wet, let it dry before rolling it up, If it's wet with salt water and you have a fresh water source available, a quick rinse isn't a bad idea.
- Deflate your kite using the dedicated deflate valve (NOT the inflate valve)
- Lay the kite flat with the underside of the canopy facing up. If you're in a windy location, hold one of the wingtips and let the wind blow the rest of the kite downwind.
- Lat the bridles on top of the kite
- Make sure the leading edge is straight and flat on the ground, not twisted
- Press any remaining air out of each strut as you go
- Starting with the upwind wingtip, loosely fold the kite from the wingtip to the first strut, and fold again to the middle strut. From there, roll the kite from the outer fold to the center strut.
- Repeat this process on the other side until both rolled sides meet. You may need to put a little weight on the rolled half to keep it in place.
- Squeeze any remaining air out of the structs, shake off any sand and fold the rolled kite in half(for smaller kites) or in thirds (for larger kites) so it will fit in your bag.
Alessandro De Rocco
Web Marketing Coordinator
2018 Slingshot Z Kiteboarding Kite - At A Glance
You’ll love the Z if you’re a rider who wants the safest, most user-friendly kite possible without sacrificing performance or progression. The best tool to help you push your game to the next level
KITE PADDLE SURF WARRANTY/RETURN POLICY
We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary.
Its important to us that you're stoked about what you've purchased from Kite Paddle Surf. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase give us a call (
We are not able to take returns or exchanges on wetsuits that have been in the water so, please make sure it fits BEFORE you get in the water.
Click here for our full Return Policy.