Slingshot SST V6 Kiteboarding Kite
The SST V6 is lighter and more streamlined with a strategic design to progress the development of wave-riding performance. Designed to the standards of wave-riding pioneer and industry icon, Ben Wilson, this all-new iteration of the SST builds upon its legendary legacy.
For 2022, Slingshot has evolved the SST, their legendary Kitesurfing kite, to be better than ever for any wave in the world. Featuring a completely redesigned wingtip shape and geometry, the all-new SST V6 builds upon its reputation as one of the fastest and more responsive kites on the market. The additional curve of the wingtip combined without IRS bridle technology provides added range and has completely revolutionized its upwind performance and water relaunch. The SST V6's ultralight and ultra-thin-micro-struts provide plenty of overall structure to the kite while still keeping the overall weight down, enabling next-level drift and response. To further strategically scale down weight, we reduced our canopy paneling by more than 50% as well as implemented our new premium lightweight IRS bridle.
Slingshot built the SST V6 to allow the rider to dominate any wave in the world on any board in your quiver - it's the state-of-the-art design for pure kitesurfing performance. The SST V6 delivers next-level speed, drift, and response while also providing the rider with great upwind reach and the confidence of quick water relaunch.
- New Redesigned Responsive wingtip: The additional curve of the SST V6's new wingtip, when combined with our IRS bridle technology, provides added speed, responsive handling and has completely revolutionized its upwind performance and water relaunch.
- New Micro Struts: The SST V6: The thinnest and lightest struts ever. These smaller diameter struts provide plenty of overall structure to the kite while still keeping down the weight and drag to enable next-level drift and response.
- New Clean Canopy: We reduced canopy paneling from 138 individual panels to 20. This reduction decreases the kite's overall weight while also providing a more aerodynamic canopy profile.
- New Streamlined IRS Bridle System: We pushed the possibilities of the IRS bridle even further by using more premium materials. The bridle line thickness has been reduced by 25% and riders will feel less drag through the air due to this streamlining.
- 4x4 Canopy Tech: The SST V6 is built with Teijin 4x4 reinforced ripstop material. This is the strongest, stiffest, and most durable canopy material on the market.
- Compact C Canopy: Provides the ideal balance between friendly, responsive handling and smooth, sheet-and-go power delivery. A versatile shape that excels in all conditions.
- Tested Tough: For the SST V6, we wanted to open up testing beyond our professional test team to the people who use our kites the most: our customers. We conducted a study over a three-month period where our customers tested the R100 (SST V6 prototype name) and their feedback, data and input provided invaluable as it helped confirm a statistical and significant leap in performance from the previous SST model.
- Multiple Attachment Points: Different attachment points integrated into the kite allow you to fine-tune handling, power, and performance on your riding style and the conditions of a particular session. Even slight changes to these setting can make an enormous impact on the kite's overall performance, making this a useful tool for getting the most out of your kite every time your ride.
|Kite Size (m)||Wind (km)|
Slingshot SST V6 - At a Glance
I feel like this new version of the SST is huge step forward in the surf kite category. The sweep in the wingtips has increased, which I feel has led to faster steering response and better water relaunch. The new micro struts are so small that I don't believe there is another kite in the industry that have that small of struts. Slingshot has reduced the panel layout significantly which also in turn reduces weight. Streamlining the SST defiantly makes it drift better down the line then the previous version. The bar pressure is lighter than the previous year which is great when I have to make fast kite loops with one hand on the bar. The kite is still built with Teijin 4X4 material, so I feel its plenty tough to take on heavy crashes in the surf. If I had to pick the best kite for kite surfing this would be the one, it's balanced and well behaved that I completely forget that I have a kite at the end of the lines while surfing a wave.- Patrick
KITE PADDLE SURF WARRANTY/RETURN POLICY
We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary.
Its important to us that you're stoked about what you've purchased from Kite Paddle Surf. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase give us a call (
We are not able to take returns or exchanges on wetsuits that have been in the water so, please make sure it fits BEFORE you get in the water.
Click here for our full Return Policy.