Ozone R1 V3 Foil Kiteboarding Kite
Pure Performance - The only thing that's changed is everything
Our understanding of true performance is not just raw power or speed - it is the combination of every aspect of a kites characteristics, and most importantly how easy it is to access its full potential.
The R1 V3 design is derived from the incredibly successful R1 V2. The race-winning performance of the R1 V2 is very easy to tap into, which made it the benchmark kite in the racing scene. We have refined the design of the V3, taking it to the next level without compromising accessibility to the R1's supercharged performance.
By utilizing the ultra high-performance V2 design and combining these performance enhancements we have found an overall increase in performance giving the hard-core racer:
- Better angles up and downwind.
- Higher top end and lower bottom end range.
- Responsive handling.
- Increased stability in light wind conditions.
- Quicker inflation
- The R1 V3 is for advanced riders who have previous foil kite experience. It is not difficult to fly but there are techniques required to fly a high aspect ratio foil kite.
- The R1 V3 materials have been used extensively on our Ultra Light Kites and Paragliders for the past six years. The kite must be carefully looked after, it needs an experienced rider who knows how to keep the kite up in the air and how to handle it gently on the ground.
- The kite is water re-launchable, but we recommend that you keep it flying and out of the water if possible! A drainage system on the wing tip allows any water that may have entered the kite to drain out. Do not use the kite in waves.
- Always use a Brake Handle when flying a foil kite. This is the handle/line spanned between the back leader lines and the control system. This easy to grab handle makes inflation, self-landing and reverse launch easier.
- This kite features as simple yet effective front line flag out release. After releasing the flag out you should check the speed system, bridle lines and your flying lines for twists before restart.
- The Speed System and Bridle lines will require maintenance just like any high-performance equipment in racing sports - they must be checked after every 60 hours of flying time, and maintained in the correct trim of the kite will not perform as designed. Bridle Lines that are worn or not to factory specification (+ or - 15mm) must be replaced. Speed System lines that are worn must be replaced. If the Speed System lines are not worn but are not to factory specifications (+ pr - 15mm) you must adjust back to factory spec. You must watch the How To video before adjusting or replacing Speed System Lines.
- Exceptional Ozone Factory Construction: World-class construction on our own factory, using the highest quality material and hand checked Quality Control at every step. The Ozone factory Control Processes are used across all products.
- High-Performance Ultra Light Materials - The R1 V3 materials have been used extensively on our Ultra Light Kites and Paragliders for the past six years. Using Ultra Light materials translates to true performance increases - the kite inflates quicker, flies faster and is more reactive even in the lightest breeze.
- L.E Profile Reinforcements - The Leading Edge is reinforced with flexible lightweight plastic battens to maintain the shape of the profile during the angle of attack changes and turbulent airflow. This drastically improves overall performance as the foil remains true to the designed shape.
- Internal Diagonals and Straps - Internal span-wise work in unison and optimized diagonal ribs, distributing load from the bridles evenly and effectively. This increased the internal structure blanace that helps control the high aspect ratio while allowing the top and bottom surfaces to maintain the designed profile without being distorted from indirect tension or loads.
- Pro Tune Speed System - The Pro-Tune Speed System offers minute adjustment to keep the kite performing at its best in the correct trim. Durable line materials reduce wear and tear on the pulley lines, with increased resistance to stretch or shrinkage for a longer life span. The Speed System is a Double-Pulley layout using high spec low friction Ronstan Orbit pulleys. Note: You must watch the How To video before adjusting your Speed System settings.
- Waterproof deflation zipper - Intelligently positioned for easy deflation and pack down.
- Foolproof line connectors - Foolproof numbered line connectors prevent incorrect rigging of the flying lines to the kite.
- Designed with Ozone-Cad - The FUTURE is NOW - All Ozone kites are designed and developed using our own highly advanced custom-built CAD software. Our designers are able to work with features specifically tailored to the unique forms and structures of technical inflatable and foil kites. Part of our design team is dedicated to the upgrade of the CAD code and addition of new modules and features to the program as the development of our kites continues.
- High Cell Count - A high number of cells controls ballooning between the ribs, holding the wing shape and designed surfaces smoother and more accurately. This reduces turbulent airflow, providing more efficiency, speed and de-power for increased overall performance.
- Optimized Leading Edge Air Intakes - Precisely positioned intake valves along the Leading Edge lead to a stability increase at all angle of attack. The inflation is easy and safe as the kite rapidly inflates.
- High-performance Bridle Lines - High-performance Kevlar bridle lines are a key component to the R1's outstanding performance. Kevlar has unbeaten stretch and shrinkage characteristics keeping your kite at the highest performance trim.
- Water Drainage Channels - An internal channel is shaped into the end of each cell along the trailing edge. This allows loose sand or water to run between the cells and our of the tips during flight. The Velcro sealed cells at the tips can be opened for cleaning the kite. Always clean your kite by emptying any water, sand or dirt as this will prolong the life of the kite and help it fly as designed.
- Tuned Bridle Geometry - We work extensively during our R&D process to develop the size range to feel in tune with each other. Every kite has a unique bridle layout, individually tested and fine-tuned to maximize the feeling and performance.
- Two Storage bag options - Two storage bag options - the Backpack and Closed Cell Compressor bag. Choose the Backpack for a quick and easy pack down. Chose Closed Cell Compressor bag for a secure packing process to maintain the plastic batten profile shape. The Compressor bad is also lighter with internal compression straps keeping packing size and weight to a minimum. Watch the video on our website for more information explaining the difference and how to use each bag.
Alessandro De Rocco
Web Marketing Coordinator
Ozone R1 V3 Foil Kite - At a Glance
This kite is focused on speed and really wants to accelerate. Insanely smooth and fast this kite is for those who race and are trying to be faster their opponent. For other foil kites check out our Foil Kite Collection.
KITE PADDLE SURF WARRANTY/RETURN POLICY
We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary.
Its important to us that you're stoked about what you've purchased from Kite Paddle Surf. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase give us a call (
We are not able to take returns or exchanges on wetsuits that have been in the water so, please make sure it fits BEFORE you get in the water.
Click here for our full Return Policy.