Slingshot V7 SST Kiteboarding Kite
The V7 SST continues to push the limits of a kitesurfing kite. We have implemented an all-new Dacron that is lighter and provides even more performance. This new material coupled with our thinnest and lightest struts ever have made the SST V7 one of the lightest three-strut kites ever produced. Slingshot team rider and kitesurfing pioneer, Ben Wilson, continues to task our development team to push the limits of speed and drift. Building on the SST V6 platform that Ben fell in love with, our design team rose to the occasion and delivered a further refined SST V7 that offers lightning-fast response and precision turning.
- NEW REDUCED WEIGHT DACRON - At Slingshot we are constantly testing and researching new materials. We have implemented a new Dacron in our leading edge and struts that is lighter and more rigid than our past Dacron frames.
- RAPID RESPONSIVE WINGTIP - The additional curve of the SST V7's wingtip combined with our IRS bridle technology provides added speed and responsive handling, which has completely revolutionized its upwind performance and water relaunch.
- MICRO STRUTS - The SST V7 uses our thinnest and lightest struts ever. These smaller diameter struts provide plenty of overall structure to the kite while still keeping down weight and drag to enable next-level drift and response.
- STREAMLINED PULLEY-LESS BRIDLE SYSTEM - By eliminating pulleys, riders will feel a more instant and direct input from the kite. We use ultra-thin and static bridle lines. Riders will feel less drag through the air due to this streamlined bridle system.
- ONE PUMP SPEED SYSTEM - The patented Slingshot invention has gotten an upgrade. We have increased our One Pump tube diameters for cleaner airflow and repositioned the tubes to be more streamlined and durable.
- COMPACT C CANOPY - Provides the ideal balance between friendly and responsive handling with stability and smooth, sheet-and-go power delivery. A versatile shape that excels in all conditions.
- 4X4 CANOPY TECH - The SST V7 is built with Teijin 4x4 reinforced ripstop nylon. This creates the strongest, stiffest, and most durable canopy available today. Your kite will last longer and feel more stable in the air, especially in gusty wind.
- MULTIPLE ATTACHMENT POINTS - Different attachment points integrated into the kite allow you to fine-tune handling, power, and performance based on your riding style and the conditions of a particular session.
Package Includes: SST V7 Kite, Kite Bag, QSG, Bladder Patch Kit
Slingshot SST V7 - At a Glance
The SST had a huge overhall last year and this year they only improved upon the Dacron. The Dacron in the leading edge is lighter and just as strong so the overfall feel of the SST is lighter and more responsive in the sky. Streamlining the SST defiantly makes it drift better down the line then the previous version. The bar pressure is lighter than the previous year which is great when I have to make fast kite loops with one hand on the bar. The kite is still built with Teijin 4X4 material, so I feel its plenty tough to take on heavy crashes in the surf. If I had to pick the best kite for kite surfing this would be at the top of my list. My only issue that I continue to have with the SST is the leading edge doesn't sit flat on the beach because the center is lifted up. Wind can get underneath the kite and lift it up if there is no weight put over the leading edge to keep it down. From a design aspect Slingshot puts this curve in the leading edge to make it drift better and be more stable while sheeting out the bar.- Aaron
KITE PADDLE SURF WARRANTY/RETURN POLICY
We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary.
Its important to us that you're stoked about what you've purchased from Kite Paddle Surf. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase give us a call (
We are not able to take returns or exchanges on wetsuits that have been in the water so, please make sure it fits BEFORE you get in the water.
Click here for our full Return Policy.