Futures Rob Machado Pivot Tri Fin Set
The Machado Pivot, designed by style guru Rob Machado, is a large-sized thruster in the Pivot template category. This set is designed around the idea of a thruster incorporating the drive and response of a twin keel. The combination of the extended base and reduced rake of the template pair perfectly with Futures' V2 foil to create a very lively feel, ideal for high performance in the pocket surfing. This fin was designed in conjunctino with the Machado Glazer model.
- Template Category | Pivot (Tight-turns | Loose)
- Construction | Blackstix
- Ride Number | Speed Generating - 7.0
- Size | large (but do due to the pivot\keel template, suitable for any size)
- Blackstix: For ten years Blackstix fins have been a staple in Futures line as a reliable way to generate speed and make your board feel more lively. Our new Blackstix maintains Ride Numbers in the Speed Generating range of 10 to 7, and are designed with new materials and engineered layup for an enhanced ride.
- 23 Degree: We've added two layers of unidirectional carbon to the base of the fins, at an angle that controls how the tip of the fin bends and rotates. This makes Blackstix 3.0 hold better through power turns while feeling just as springy as Blackstix 2.0.
- Asymmetrical: We've out asymmetrical carbon panels on the inside and outside of the fin while allowing only the carbon placed on the inside of the fin to climb completely to the tip. Having this carbon on both sides of the base creates a solid, drivey feel, but with carbon on the outside of the fin climbing only partially up the fin, the fin progressively flexes more as it gets closer to the tip. This gives a snappy feel to your board and enables the unique liveliness that only Blackstic can provide.
- Epoxy Resin: To add one more layer of performance to the Blackstic, we use epoxy resin. Epoxy resin is lighter, tougher, and more resilient than polyester resin. These features all play a role in making the Blackstic the lightest and fastest fins in the world. As a bonus, epoxy emits 50-75% fewer VOCs (volatile organic compounds) than polyester resin, which means a decrease in harmful chemicals in our environment.
- V2 Foil: Fee the stringer facing side of any leading fin in a Blackstix set, and you'll notice it feels curved near the base and trailing edge. This is one aspect of the V2 foil - a revolution in fin design over a decade ago that is still improving how water flows across fins today. The V2 foil created an effortless feeling rail-to-rail linkage, so you can keep speed while setting up big maneuvers down the line, even when the waves you're surfing lack power.
Rob Machado Pivot Thruster Fin Set - At a Glance
KITE PADDLE SURF WARRANTY/RETURN POLICY
We understand that in some situations returns or exchanges may be necessary.
Its important to us that you're stoked about what you've purchased from Kite Paddle Surf. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchase give us a call (
We are not able to take returns or exchanges on wetsuits that have been in the water so, please make sure it fits BEFORE you get in the water.
Click here for our full Return Policy.